Geriatric Care Management
As hospitals discharge patients “quicker and sicker” patients may be discharged home without the services they need. Senior Options Systems can provide support, guidance, and advocacy for their clients to ensure they get the assistance they need. SOS strives to help maintain the person in the least restrictive, safe environment with an emphasis on self-determination and independence. We are committed to improving the quality of life for older adults and their loved ones. As independent care advisors we can offer unbiased recommendations. SOS develops a personalized care plan based on our individual client’s wishes and needs.
Some of the ways we can help:
- Individual in-home consultations to develop short and long-term care plans
- Assist with coordination of home care/companion services
- Locate available community resources
- Assist with alternative living arrangements; Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Homes
- Education about eligibility for programs that pay for health care; Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care
- Confer with health care practitioners and agencies
- Liaison and advocate during hospitalization or rehabilitation stay
- RN/NP available for home nursing evaluations/PRI’s for nursing home placement
- Referral to other geriatric specialists
- Assist with Long Term Care insurance claims
Senior Options Systems understands that caregivers have multiple family and work responsibilities. Our service can help save valuable time and money. We may be able to arrange for services and negotiate lower fees, as well.
Please contact us for a free telephone consultation to see if we are the right fit for your needs.